Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Saturday, Aug 7

Today planes. We fly from Manchester to JFK and then to San Francisco. We get picked up by a too curious limo driver and taken home.
Home to two attention starved cats, piles of (mostly) junk mail and better weather. It has been 38 days since I left, the longest trip away from home since I graduated from college.
It is a little weird being home again. I find I had gotten used to my little room at St. Chads (and being in a string of hotels, 5 in all) and the size of the house is going to take some getting used to again. That and the TV, which I watched for all of 6 hours (World Cup soccer) while gone and have not really missed.
However, Winston has taken all of 10 minutes getting over being mad at me for being gone for so long and now he wants attention – LOTS of attention.
Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment