Sunday, July 25, 2010





Sunday, July 18, DURHAM

For the first time in over two weeks I have nowhere I need to be today. I sleep for 10.5 hours and lie around in bed for an hour or so before finally getting up. What a luxury!
I go out for a sandwich for lunch and then a food run to Tesco. On the way back to the house I run into the first of my Continuing Studies friends from last years trip to Pompeii. It is very cool to be far away from home and run into people you know. I give Drew a few tips on the town and the food situation so he can pass them along to the rest of the group, who will be arriving throughout the day. Reluctantly I pass on dinner - I am looking forward to a day of peace and quiet.
I spend the afternoon working on the words and images for my blog as I have gotten behind.
For dinner I go to The Fat Buddha, a restaurant serving a mix of different Asian foods. They have a tofu dish that is wonderful and for the first time in a week I feel like I have had a good meal.
Back at the house I get caught up on the blog. It has been the kind of day I needed, easy, productive and quiet.

About the images:
1. Moonrise over Durham Cathedral.
2. A view of the Cathedral Towers
3 & 4. Stainglass windows in Durham Cathedral from the outside as no photography is permitted inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment