Saturday, April 3, 2010



Sunday, March 28





It is Palm Sunday and Paris is very quiet. Despite the significant decline in church attendance in Europe, France is still a Catholic country. Later, while I am out I will see lots of people carrying the local equivalent of palms.



I had hoped that during this day I could wander around Paris and shot pictures. However the day is cold, grey and raining. I am simply too tired to do anything so I lie in bed reading a book called, “Labyrinth” by Kate Mosse. It is set in the area of southern France called the Languedoc, which I will be visiting in two months with Alex’s family and their friends. It is an enjoyable homework assignment.



Reflecting on the week’s activities I begin to understand a little of why I am so tired. Not only is the viewing physically tiring, but also mentally. One way of looking at it: This week I have taken a masters level class in Art, Art History, five thousand years of History, Archeology, Architecture, the New Testament, Greek Mythology and Mineralogy. And completed them all. Whew!



I wander out for a meal and I am feeling a little down. While I have now been to Paris many times, this is the longest single stay ever. With Richard’s health being rather precarious, this year’s family trip could be the last. I am not planning on staying in Paris during that trip and realize that for the first time in a long time I have no idea when I will be back in Paris.



Say it isn’t so!!!

About the images:

1. The staircase in my hotel. I never took the lift. Better than a Stairmaster!

2. My room.

No comments:

Post a Comment